07 July 2009

seven

*being seen*

last night i modeled nude for an art class in a small studio in my neighborhood. i have always wanted to do this but never had the opportunity (and perhaps the nerve) until now. wow....an incredible and fascinating experience. i loved it.

it was certainly challenging. even my years of dance training could not totally prepare me for the difficult task of staying completely still for 20 minutes in a number of poses. but it was the most exhilarating, inspiring feeling...sensing that i was being observed so wholly, so respectfully, and then being made into art. every artist there was working with a wonderfully quiet, clear, and strong focus. looking at me....choosing someplace to begin....taking pencil to paper....creating. the work i saw was absolutely stunning. beautiful. built from something they saw in me.

i feel a little bit different today.

No comments:

Post a Comment